Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two Years (on Saturday)

Two years ago on the 18th, Evan and I stood in a Russian court and were proclaimed (finally) to be Nicholas’ parents. That day seems so long ago now. We now call June 18th “Family Day”. Well, unfortunately this year we are not going to all be together on that day. Evan has to work and I have a bridal shower. So, we decided to celebrate a few days early.

We invited Evan's parents to meet us for dinner.  Everyone had a nice time.  Nicholas was sad that they didn't have his favorite - a chocolate chip bagel, but I think he was pleased with his meal afterall.  I think the cookie and some of Evan's cinnamon roll that he ate made up for it.
I can’t imagine our lives without Nicholas. His adoption into our family has been one of the greatest blessings that God has given us. I love watching all the growth and change that has taken place in the last two years. There are a lot of days where I just watch him and smile. He’s such a little boy now.

Here’s a picture progression of Nicholas over the last two years:






While we are excited to make Nicholas a big brother, we will not be parenting the baby of the birthmother we spoke of last week. She cancelled her meeting with our agency and decided to parent her baby. If you could remember her in your prayers, we’d appreciate it. She hasn’t had the easiest life.

We are disappointed, but not heartbroken. Like I said before, we are trusting God for the child He has for our family. Our time will come. We are just enjoying our son while we wait.





Happy 2nd Family Day, Nicholas!  Mommy and Daddy love you so much and are proud to call you our son!

No comments: