He also colored one of his favorite characters, Elmo (PBS Kids has a lot of free coloring pages on their website).
We finished off the week by making an elephant out of a paper plate.
We’ve also spent some time reviewing some of the previous letters. He has some down better than others, but seems to enjoy playing the little games we’ve made up to teach him.
On another note, Evan and I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. We have a few stressors in our life right now that have just hit us hard in the last week or so. We just needed to take a step back. I realized that I wasn’t trusting God. Why do I keep putting myself through this vicious cycle? He has done so much for me. Why, all of a sudden, are these trials too much for Him to handle? So, Evan and I working through this right now, trying not to worry or stress, but give it back to God. It’s not easy, but we have to do it.
For you regular blog readers, you know how much I love my cats (maybe a little too much). Well, before Isabella and Gabby, there were other cats in my life. Oliver died a couple of years ago. All that was left was sweet, innocent Max. He was a bit fearful, but he was loving and a generally good cat. But, he had been miserable since Oliver passed away. And, unfortunately, he swallowed some yarn or string recently which got entangled inside of him. At the age of 14 ½, there wasn’t too much my parents could have done for him. So, we lost Max this week. Oliver and Max were our first “real” pets (I don’t count the fish and hamsters). It’s kind of strange to have them gone and realize that I now am old enough to have my own family and my own cats. While I didn’t see Max on a daily basis anymore, it still makes me sad to know he’s gone. We’re definitely going to miss him.
It’s going to be a fun-filled week ahead. I’m actually excited about “F” week because we have some fun activities to do. Hopefully, it will result in a lot of good pictures and stories for my blog.
Kristin

1 comment:
The elephant is so cute! So sorry to hear about Max :( I remember meeting both him and Oliver way back in our college days.
Nicole
Post a Comment