I told Evan about it later, so he wrote down Nicholas’s name too in order to see if it was fluke. He said his name again. I guess we never know what our kids are going to pick up. It’s a good thing and also a caution to watch what we do and say. It’s so much fun watching Nicholas learn and grow though.
We also learned that when Nicholas is telling his “stories”, Evan and I need to respond with the right lines. We cannot go off script. Nicholas was telling his “Thomas too loud” story to Evan and Evan responded with “And Daddy hugged you”. Nicholas quickly corrected him, “Mommy!” While Evan did comfort him a little during the noisy train’s passing, it was my hug that is a part of this story. Evan learned that he has to tell it Nicholas’s way, or he will be corrected.
Nicholas did enjoy Baby Charlotte’s first birthday party. If you ask him about it, he’ll most likely mention the cake. I’m pretty sure the frosting was his favorite part. We had a nice time visiting with family and Nicholas even took his great-grandma out for a little air. He also enjoyed checking out Charlotte’s new toys. The party was during his normal nap time, which he handled pretty well. But, that night he went and slept 12 ½ hours!!! That never happens!
Well, we have a lot going on this week. Look for an excellent update later in the week. It is, of course, “E” Week.
Kristin

1 comment:
I was just reading this and Anthony said, "Is that Kristin and me?" I said, "no, it's Nicholas." And he said, "No, it's me." :)
Post a Comment