Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fun on the Farm

We started our week down on the farm. Nicholas enjoyed seeing the horses. He’s not quite ready to ride one yet, but he wasn’t scared to stand and look. We also looked around the pumpkin patch, trying to find just the right pumpkin. Nicholas ended up just picking a small one from those displayed up front. That was fine with us, since we would have had to walk up a massive hill, lugging him and a pumpkin in tow if he would have picked one right from the patch. We capped off our trip with a sprinkled donut. Nicholas loves to carry his pumpkin around the house. I can’t wait to see what he thinks when we carve a pumpkin in the next week or so.










We also decorated “F” with fish.



We made a frog out of construction paper. He liked doing the craft. It was taking the picture that he wasn't too thrilled about.




Finally, we traced everyone’s feet and colored them. This was probably Nicholas’s favorite activity (next to the pumpkin). We put the feet up on the refrigerator and he loves looking at them and pointing out each of our feet.



I have to admit, this isn’t my favorite month of letters. I have some fun things planned for November and December though. Learning is happening though. He keeps surprising me with the words he knows now. And, Evan and I cannot say anything anymore without him hearing us. Evan asked me the other day if I wanted a hot chocolate. Guess who asks for a hot chocolate everyday now? In fact, this morning, he was upstairs yelling my name. I asked him what he wanted. He replied, “Hot chocolate!”

And, if you talk about a party, he’s going to want cake. This weekend we are celebrating Poppy’s birthday. Nicholas keeps talking about sitting on Poppy’s lap and blowing out the candles on his birthday cake. Well, that is the gist of the story. It’s more like, “Poppy. Yap. Yap (Lap, Lap).” This is followed by a blowing noise.

Evan and I are having a lot of laughs lately as we watch Nicholas learn and grow. It really does make the trying times seem to fade away.

Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great. What a week you guys had. It's amazing how much they soak in. Now is the time we have to watch what we say so they don't repeat it.