Yesterday we had a lot of fun celebrating our cousin’s wedding. We had been talking to Nicholas about it for awhile, so he knew what to expect. We decided that since the ceremony would be at least an hour that our little, wiggly Nicholas would stay home and just attend the reception later.
Nicholas ended up exceeding our expectations and this time I am bragging about him. We had no problems with him whatsoever. He was well-behaved. He listened to what we said. And, we left when we knew he was tired. Evan and I were so proud of him.
They had appetizers when people arrived, but nothing that Nicholas really wanted. So, once they put bread on the table we let Nicholas eat it. He also had a glass of orange juice and some cookies. After the wedding party had arrived and got settled at their table, I leaned over and told Nicholas that we would be eating dinner soon. He replied, “We already ate dinner.” Seriously, we don’t just eat bread and cookies at home, although, some days that would sound really good to me.
Once Nicholas warmed up, he soon took on his father’s personality. Those two are little social butterflies. Nicholas was especially excited to see his cousin Abby from Iowa. He has only seen her once a year since he has been home, but each visit makes a lasting impression on him. From what I saw, he’ll be talking about her for the next year too.
Nicholas has some crazy dance moves at home. But, I think it was a little past his bedtime last night. He danced a little (very little), but only if someone took his hands and helped him. Once I saw him sitting on his Poppy’s lap with his head on his chest, I knew it was time to go. I think he ended up falling asleep once his head hit the pillow last night.
I tried to take plenty of pictures. I kept getting my camera on the wrong setting, so I botched a few of the shots I wanted. It was a great evening though. Congratulations Ryan and Kira! We’re so happy for you!
| He wasn't ready for pictures yet |
| He was a little unsure about Abby, but he would warm up pretty quickly. |
| This was the best picture out of many takes! |
| All warmed up - He spent a lot of time on Abby's lap. |
| This is what I mean about the camera settings being screwed up! |
| Nicholas was dying talk to Ryan and Kira |
| Dancing with his cousin Jennifer during the "Anniversary Dance" |
| One of my favorite dance partners |
| Evan's got some crazy eyes going on |
| And, then it was time to go home. |

2 comments:
I love all the pictures and I just love your little family!
Thank you! It was a fun night. I made sure that we got at least one picture of Evan and me, and one of the whole family.
Post a Comment