We finished our school year today! I guess Nicholas can say that he is now in 2nd
grade. I told him next year will
probably be harder. He told me that this
year wasn't. I wouldn't say that was an
entirely true statement. Homeschooling
is wonderful and it works well for our family.
But, you do have two imperfect, sinful people working together. It doesn't always make things easy. Everyone always says that they could never
homeschool because they don’t have any patience. I say that homeschooling shows you how little
patience you have and helps build character.
Overall, it was a very successful year though. Not only did we wrap up our school year at
home, but he also had his last Wednesday class this week.
Every year they have a recital the evening after the last class. Nicholas’ class was going to recite a poem,
but some miscommunication kept them off the program. He was a little bummed. Since he wasn't going to actually be in the
recital, Daniel and I stayed home.
Daniel was up super early and only had a short nap. I didn't feel like chasing a cranky
almost-2-year-old through the church until 9:30/10:00 PM.
| Ready for the recital |
But, Evan had the day off so he would be able to go. So, he and Nicholas went together. Nicholas’ class was in charge of serving the
desserts when the recital was over. I
had Evan take a picture or two and send them to me of our little waiter. Nicholas loved his class. In fact, he loved it so much that I enrolled
him in a cooking camp this summer. Maybe
he’ll get good enough to work me out of a job. J
| Cute waiter! |
Today we had real life school (grocery shopping) before
heading home to finish up. Nicholas got
an A+ on his last math test.
He completed his Level 3 spelling book.
And, he showed me his favorite subject this year – History!
Nicholas’ school year is over, but like last summer, our
schooling isn't completely finished.
This summer he will be doing a little math, finishing his writing book,
and going over his spelling rules and phonograms for about 8 weeks. By spending fifteen minutes a day on these
things, it makes the beginning of the next school year so much easier. He doesn't mind and it won’t interfere with
all of the activities we have planned for him this summer. He also will be participating in the library
reading program.
We’re so proud of Nicholas.
He has learned a lot this school year.
So, good bye first grade! Hello,
second grade!
| Most of the books from this year |
| Daniel is proud of Nicholas too! |

No comments:
Post a Comment