Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yeah, I'm Still Here . . .

Well, we had a very good Thanksgiving this year. I didn’t have to watch Nicholas’ every move, so I was able to actually sit down and enjoy myself. Thanksgiving is probably one of my least favorite holidays when it comes to food, so overeating isn’t really a problem. Now put a bunch of cookies in front of me and I may have a problem.


On Friday we saw the new Muppet movie. For those of us that grew up enjoying the Muppets, it was just as enjoyable for Evan and me as it was Nicholas. The highlight though was that someone dressed up as Animal and sat in one of the front rows. The movie was family-friendly and worth seeing.
Our tree is up and our house is decorated. I just wanted to get it done, so after the movie we got everything out. Now all I have to do is finish the last of the Christmas shopping and we’re set.




I haven’t written in a while because I’ve been pretty exhausted. Someone (I’m not naming names) has been boundary testing lately. I don’t know if it is because this particular person is feeling more independent or what, but it has been tiring to say the least. It’s been great for me in one way – I am learning that I have developed more patience. There’s my silver lining for right now.

We did start another round of swimming this morning. We were happy to see there is finally another boy in the class. Unfortunately, this boy came with a mother. Let’s just say this is his first swimming lessons and the mother is too tightly wound. Most of us parents, will redirect our kids – in moderation – but she was crazy. I think she needed a good push into the pool. Did I just write that? ;) Anyway, as the class ended, I decided to give her some words of encouragement to let her know that Nicholas has come a long way since he first started and that her son will catch on too. Let’s hope she relaxes a bit before the next lesson.



Bug eyes


Well, that’s about all I have right now. Hopefully, a good night sleep awaits me.

No comments: