| My sister's craft/bake sale |
Also, we had a meeting with the youth group advisors on Sunday afternoon. They hired one of the teens to watch the 7 of our kids during the meeting. How do you know your kids go to church a lot? When they come up with their own Biblical play and perform it for everyone at the end of the meeting. They all had their roles re-telling the story of Jesus’ death and resurrection. The sitter said this was all their own idea.
| I think he was supposed to be an angel |
Tuesday was a monumental day. Nicholas and this other little girl (the one he is competitive with) were showing each other what they could do in the water. All of a sudden Nicholas started swimming! It was only a few inches, but he did it! So, while the teacher was with another child, I encouraged him to keep trying. And, he swam a little further! His teacher finally saw him and encouraged him even more. She also asked him to float and he did all by himself – even if it was for just a second. I was actually tearing up because I was so proud of how far he has come. He kept trying and something finally clicked. I only wish Evan was there to see it happen for the first time.
Wednesday we continued our Grocery Store theme and I had Nicholas cut out coupons. It was good cutting practice and I was impressed with how carefully he cut each one out.
I have mentioned how this year we wanted to bless other people. So, we sat down as a family to look at a catalog. With Nicholas’ help, we decided we were going to purchase some milk, blankets, baby chicks, and a few other items for people around the world. I really want him to understand that the world doesn’t revolve around us. He still likes to pray for the little boy who will be getting the shoe box we made for Operation Christmas Child.
That night it really was Backwards Night at church. Nicholas’ teachers especially went all out. I was told that when they are in the large group (all ages) he likes to raise his hand. I love it that he is at the stage where he can tell me what he said (they were talking about forgiveness).
Thursday was more swimming and more milestones. Both Evan and my mom got to witness as he continued to swim. He also shocked us and himself when he started floating, then swimming on his back. He’s just making so much progress. We are so proud of him.
That day he also worked on a grocery list with Evan. I told Nicholas to come up with whatever he wanted to buy. It was all for fun. He started off pretty healthy, but by the end he and Evan were laughing as Nicholas listed off every bit of junk food he could think of.
On Facebook, a lot of people have been mentioning their parent-teacher conferences. I like to joke that I talked to Nicholas’ teacher and he is doing well. Actually, I am quite proud of him. He’s spelling three-letter words. Math and phonics has been going extremely well. Handwriting can be frustrating, but he’s still doing great! Add swimming and violin to the mix and he’s becoming a very well-rounded little boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment