Friday, February 11, 2011

Remember

My mom and I have been talking a lot this week about remembering. Remembering what? Well, our sermon last week at church was about how many of us remember the wrong things. We remember all the times people hurt us. We remember all our troubles. We often forget God’s faithfulness. We forget Him.


Well, lately I have been worrying about some things and some of it has to do with our current adoption. It seems that I have forgotten how he took care of Nicholas’. Nicholas’ adoption was so difficult and hard, but God never left us. He took care of the finances. He took care of Nicholas, in general. But, now that we are over a year and a half removed, it is easy to forget these things.

On Wednesday afternoon I asked our agency what I could do to get this last piece of paper. They suggested I call the State and leave a message (you can’t reach a human easily). I was told I may have to do this multiple times. So, I called Wednesday afternoon and even mentioned that this was all we needed to complete our home study. The next day our agency sent us new fee schedule. They are expanding their services, which will be great, but it also means that some fees are going up in some areas since they would be handling them rather than a third party. The adoption will still cost the same, or maybe even a smidge less, but seeing the numbers sent me into a tailspin.

So, I was talking to my mom on the phone this morning and she reminded me – once again – of Nicholas’ adoption and how God knows what we need and when we need it. Less than an hour later, my cell phone rang. It said “Restricted” so I almost didn’t answer it, but I felt like I should. It was our social worker calling to say that our results were in and our home study is approved!

This is like being done with our first trimester! I think God knew I needed this today. I felt like he said, “I hear you. I am in control, but here is a reminder.” I let the social worker know that I should have our birthparent profile to them Monday or Tuesday. I want to sit down with Evan to take another look at it this weekend.

So, I think by the end of the month we should be ready for birthparents to see our profile. It’s exciting and scary at the same time. We could be chosen very quickly or it may take many months. Waiting for the home study to be approved was nothing. Now the real waiting begins!

I know it will be hard for me, but I am going to try not to forget who is really in control.  I'm going to try to remember all God has done for us.  Through the good and bad, He is always here.  That's something I want to remember.

2 comments:

Kristy K said...

PRAISE GOD Kristin!! One step closer to bringing a little one home! :)

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

Amen! Wow- such great news!