Friday, February 25, 2011

Puzzled - Our First Fundraiser

Edit:  I have set up a "donate" button on the side of this blog for those I do not know personally, or who want a quicker method to donate.  If I do not know you, I won't be giving out my home address.  However, since I know 99% of you personally, it shouldn't be a problem. :)  No matter what method you use, please tell us how you want your name written on the back of the puzzle.  Thank you!


I saw this cool fundraiser on a lot of blogs in the last year. I kept the idea in the back of my mind until the day when we would start our next adoption. Here’s how it works:


We have purchased a 500-piece puzzle. We are going to ask people to donate a gift of $10 for each piece they would like to sponsor. You can sponsor as many pieces as you would like. We will write your name on the back of each puzzle piece, so we can be reminded of all the people that blessed us in our journey for our next child.

This is not tax-deductible. We hope to have an opportunity for tax-deductible gifts after we hear back about a matching grant we are applying for. You can e-mail me at kristinmo77 at yahoo.com for my home address, if you don’t already know it.

When the puzzle is all done, we will hang it above our child’s crib in a two-sided frame. It will not only show God’s faithfulness, but also the love and support of so many people coming together.

I had the type of puzzle I wanted in mind when I was looking, but I couldn’t quite find it. So, of course, I settled on what I like – cats. I’m weird like that.



Anyway, when I ordered this puzzle, I didn’t know it had a velvet backing on each piece. It’s impossible to write names on the back with velvet. So, I spent an hour or so and took the velvet off of all 500 pieces. Then Evan and I put it together over a couple of days. But, our very last piece was put in by the big brother.






We are not really selling puzzle pieces. Your name on the puzzle piece will just be a visible reminder of your support. We hope that one day our child will look at the puzzle and realize how God used so many other people to put the pieces together of the adoption. We hope that our child will realize that he/she and our family are prayed for and loved.

Please do not feel obligated to give. But, do feel obligated to pray. Thank you!

3 comments:

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

I was going to let you know about the Wild Olive Tees Adoption fundraiser... but didn't have your email... here is the link:http://store.wildolivetees.com/adoption-fundraiser-tees-c6.aspx

The puzzle is a beautiful idea! Love it!

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

Ps... I just donated :) Hopefull I can do one piece for each of my family members....
{{{hugs}}}

Vicki said...

The puzzle is a great idea. I thought of a variation that would be a bit more personalized (perhaps you guys already thought of it, and vetoed it). Anyway, wouldn't it be cool if you got a custom photo puzzle made of a nice photo of your new baby after his/her arrival? That way, the puzzle would be truly be a symbol of all the people who made it possible to get him or her home.

In a quick Google search, I found two places that offer various sized puzzles, from six up to 2000 pieces: www.jigsaw2order.com and www.venuspuzzle.com