| One of my favorite pictures of Nicholas and Gabby - July 2009 |
Our cat Gabby had been acting a little weird this past weekend. She was going to the litter box constantly. This morning we made the decision for me to drive Evan to work, so I could take Gabby to the vet.
It was a very eventful morning. First, getting her into her cat carrier is like getting an ox into a small box. She’s strong and determined not to be in there. Second, we had just taken our cats to the vet two months ago and weren’t really thrilled about this unexpected vet cost.
So, after ten minutes of unsuccessful attempts to get her in the box, I finally had her cornered and she surprisingly gave up. At least I know for next time that I should put her in the laundry room and put the carrier in front of the cat door.
Once we got to the vet’s, I soon found that we were in for more than we bargained for. She had blood in her urine. Her weight had gone up three pounds in two months. They wanted to keep her for the day for blood work and X-rays. On one hand, I was feeling sorry for my cat. On the other hand, I could see the bill going up far more than we had expected.
They ended up diagnosing her with a urinary tract infection. So, for the next 10 days, I have to wrestle the ox and give her an antibiotic. She’s home and verbally sharing her displeasure. Isabella’s ticked at her too because she doesn’t smell right. At least it keeps things interesting.
This post isn’t solely about my cat though. I love her to death, but today just gave me the affirmation I needed for some future posts that God has been really laying on my heart. This post is my way of announcing that I will be having a short series coming up on my blog. This series needs to happen because many of you would feel the same way that I do: upset that your cat is hurting, but more upset that you have to pay the vet bill. When you have pets, you need to expect the unexpected. So, starting this week, I will be posting about money. Believe me, I have plenty to say, and maybe some things you wouldn’t expect. I hope you’ll come back and read.

1 comment:
I can't wait to read your series!! I've only taken a pet to the vet once... Sissy's hamster. After paying all that money for the visit and medicine, it died a few weeks later. Ugh.
Post a Comment